22 Reasons Why We’re Giving Thanks
November 24, 2020
2020 has shocked us all, throwing curveballs and leaving us reeling in ways no one could’ve ever imagined (outside of a Hollywood horror story.). And as December approaches, most of us are probably feeling like 2021 can’t get here soon enough.
There’s no question that this has been one of—if not THE—most challenging years we’ve faced in decades. Yet through it all, there were some pretty significant silver linings here at Cross & Crown that deserve to be shared and honored.
No matter what the future holds, expressions of gratitude have a way of inspiring optimism and hope. As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving later this week, we wanted to take a moment to share some of the reasons why we are thankful. We are thankful for our clients, for the ability to continue doing work that we absolutely love, and for teammates who are joy to work with. We also have individual reasons why we are thankful, which we have shared here as a testimony to the fact that, even in hard times, there are always things to be grateful for even if you have to look a little harder to find them.
Here Are 22 Reasons Why We’re Giving Thanks This Year
- I am thankful for who I work with. Cross & Crown is known for having dedicated employees and having them as coworkers makes my days easier.
- I am thankful for my family. We have been extremely fortunate during the circumstances of 2020 to still be healthy and continue each day with a sense of normalcy. They push me every day to be better than the day before. (Mike, Lead Video Editor)
- I’m thankful for a job that could continue throughout all of the uncertainty this year threw our way.
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to slow down and count my blessings that I so often overlook in the hustle and bustle of life such as great friends and family time. (Bekah, Digital Marketing)
- I’m thankful for a faithful, Christian employer, boss, and friend that was looking out for us during the COVID quarantine. He made sure that the video team was taken care of for the three months when we didn’t have work and were receiving PPP.
- I’m thankful that my family members are all healthy and that we’ll be moving into a new house in December where we will raise our family and meet our newest member in April. (Ben, Lead Cinematographer)
- I’m thankful for a flexible work schedule, that allows me to help out at home.
- I’m thankful for our church family who invests in our lives personally and spiritually. (Monty, Designer)
- I’m thankful that through all the uncertainties of 2020 I got to work for a company that really showed how much they cared about their employees and tried to do what was best for them and the health of the company.
- I am thankful that even though we were stuck at home for so long that I got to spend a lot of quality time with my husband in our cozy home (Lizzie, Project Manager)
- I am thankful for the addition of a new girl to our family.
- I am thankful for the many businesses and organizations that trusted us to help them through a very crazy 2020. (Trevor, Managing Partner)
- I am thankful for all our employees – they are truly a great team.
- I am thankful for good health for myself and my family. (Joel, Chief Creative Officer)
- I’m thankful for a company that puts their employees first through a really hard season of life.
- I’m thankful for a great first year of marriage! (Grace, Video Project Manager)
- I’m thankful for the unexpected opportunity to have my husband at home (working) and able to be more present with our son for a season! (born Jan. 1, 2020)
- I am thankful for a thoughtful and caring boss who went the extra mile for each and every team member this year, especially. (Shelly, Project Manager)
- I’m thankful that my family has stayed healthy this year during this difficult time.
- I’m thankful for a team that continues to grow and improve together with our work processes. (Chrissy, Experience Manager)
- I’m thankful for my family and the love we have for each other.
- I’m thankful for having co-workers who take pride and are invested in their work. (John, Senior Developer)
These are just a few of the reasons we are thankful this year. Looking ahead to 2021, we are also thankful for the hope of a new year full of opportunities to help our clients grow their businesses through branding, website design, video and digital marketing. We look forward to seeing what 2021 has in store for our team and for all of you. Thank you for being a part of our story and allowing us to be part of yours.