What to Do When Your Marketing Isn’t Working
May 6, 2020
It’s a new month and, like you, we are looking forward to fresh opportunities as our country begins turning the corner toward reopening.
While there is still great uncertainty, we’ve been beating the marketing drum and encouraging you to keep fueling your marketing engine so that you’ll be ready when the marketplace begins to reopen. As you prepare your business or nonprofit for the future, we are here to equip you with all the tools and resources you need to make the most of your digital marketing strategy. But what can you do if your marketing isn’t working?
The Rise of Online Connections is Impacting Your Marketing
The new normal we are experiencing due to COVID-19 is shining a spotlight on the effectiveness of online communications. Americans are nothing if not innovative and we have found a way to do almost everything we want to do online. It makes sense to leverage digital and web-based technology to connect with others and maintain some sense of normalcy, but perhaps there are some takeaways here we can apply to marketing even after we reopen for business as usual.
If your marketing isn’t working, it could be that you’re not focusing on the digital aspects of marketing your business. In today’s world businesses that don’t incorporate digital marketing into their sales strategies are missing out on huge opportunities. Now more than ever, consumers’ attention is focused online so if you’re not where the leads are you will lose business to competitors. The good news is it’s not too late to get started on your business or nonprofit digital marketing strategy. But this isn’t something you want to launch into without a plan.
Have You Experienced these Digital Marketing Problems?
Digital marketing seems simple until you realize it’s not working. Because it incorporates familiar elements, it’s easy (albeit unwise) to rush into marketing your business online without a real plan in place to guide your efforts. Most people have experience with social media, blogging, or some kind of online advertising but you need more than anecdotal experience to make digital marketing effective.
Enthusiasm is good but If you launch into this with guns blazing you may get frustrated. For example, have you ever:
- Wondered why the website you sank a fortune into isn’t getting much traffic?
- Spent way too much time trying to edit a video for social media you shot on your phone?
- Given up on email because no one opens your e-newsletter?
- Wanted to start a blog but didn’t because you’re “not a writer?”
- Asked all of your friends and family to like your business Facebook posts hoping the algorithms will take notice?
- Been stumped as to why your online marketing efforts are not producing any results?
If any of the questions above sound familiar then you’re in the right place. We have worked with countless businesses and organizations who, at one time or another, have experienced similar levels of frustration with their marketing. The core of what we do as a business is helping people like you overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of your digital marketing success.
What Makes Digital Marketing Successful?
Cross & Crown can equip you with all the tools and resources you need to implement and maximize a winning digital marketing strategy. To get you started, we are launching a new blog series unpacking the six elements of a successful digital marketing strategy. In this new series you will learn:
- What goes into creating a lead-converting website that serves as the hub for your online presence
- Common Search Engine Optimization (SEO) misconceptions and how to fix them
- How to set up a branded content marketing strategy that sparks interest, answers your customers’ questions, and leads to new business
- Why email marketing isn’t dead but actually more important than ever
- The right way to engage with your audience on social media and how to avoid rookie mistakes
- How to use pay-per-click advertising to find and connect with audiences that are already searching for the products and services you’re selling
An intentional and coordinated approach to marketing your business online is essential if you want results. It’s not rocket science but there are principles that must be understood and implemented if your digital marketing strategy is going to work. Our goal with this new series is to give you more of the “why” and the “how” behind these elements and provide you with opportunities to put some new strategies into practice.
Cross & Crown works with businesses and nonprofits of all kinds to reach your audiences and grow revenue in creative and productive ways. Our team can help you create a successful digital marketing strategy using a proactive approach that produces prospects and leads to grow your business or organization.